Tonight I got to do a couple of super cool things. First off I hung out with my Caritas person whom I haven't seen in several weeks. Our relationship has moved more into friendship now and it was so neat to see that transition tonight. We were both able to openly share our thoughts on our ever-changing families, and on relationships in general. I would say it's "eerie" how similar we are in many ways. I use the word "eerie" because I've never quite seen the sovereign hand of God at work like how he allowed us to cross paths last summer. We met under circumstances that were not pleasant-both of us have experienced the sudden loss of our mothers while we were young, and while they were young (by US standards of how long people live). It's so nice to have a kindred spirit like I have in her because I do not know many people who have had to walk this same path, and neither does she. We have soo many little things in common, but yet it could only be God that we could have ever met. It's cool too to see how much both of us have been blessed in this relationship, especially now that I am beginning my couseling career in August. Wow- that's weird to "say"!
Later on I babysat for Jack who is 4 1/2 now and is sooo much fun. He wanted to come over to my house to play on the treadmill, which basically involves letting it run on a slow speed and then he drops down and slides off it onto a pillow. I think that's really the only way you can enjoy a treadmill. We also ate ice cream and watched part of Finding Nemo before I had to bring him home and put him to bed. Earlier that evening before his parents, Chuck and Shannon, left we all had dinner together and while Shannon was getting ready, Chuck was asking me about how the Caritas ministry was going. I was telling him about how Earl W. is in charge now and that he is older. But with that comes incredible wisdom. When he encourages us with different verses from the Bible it's like I've never ever read them before. And you can tell he really cares about our group, which is exactly what we need after being without a leader for almost a year. Chuck said that maybe because he's been a Christian for so long and has been sanctified to be more like Christ for so many years, that maybe our group is seeing how the "rough edges" that we all have as sinners are just more sanded down on Earl. I've never really thought about how we all would be like after years of sanctification..that maybe our current struggles won't always be..or maybe we'll just have different ones, but more able to handle them in a Godly manner. Any thoughts?
No comments:
Post a Comment