
When we were little we used to play a game with our dad called "one of our favorite things." It's when we experienced something that was a simple pleasure like getting a green light, having just the right amount of ketchup, or hearing a train whistle, and then we would mention it out loud and add it to our list. Tonight I had a evening of favorite things. First off, I ate dinner at a restaurant by myself. I don't do this often even though I do really like it, because you do sort of feel silly doing it. But what I like about it that it's nice getting to totally pick a place that you like-no indecision involved. I picked Athens Pizza, because I love pizza and most people I am around don't and pizza from Athens is extraordinary. I also got to eat dinner while reading a new book "Peace Like a River" AND listening to some new tunes on my ipod written by "Iron and Wine" (thanks Allie!!!). It was great and very relaxing. Then I headed over to Gates and Mel's house to hang out with them- my two great buds from college.
In light of posting a few of my favorite things, I wanted to post this picture of my dad because he used to make us cakes like this one when we were growing up, and they were awesome. Also a definite fave!
3 comments:
Do you like the book so far, Jess?
I DO really like it so far. I've only read about 4 chapters. I got it b/c I'm going out of town this weekend and I needed an emergency read. So I thought I would try it out since you all seemed to really like it. The Beauty book wasn't at B & N when I was there so they're ordering it for me.
I have been following your entries and they are awesome! It is extremely gratifying for me to read all of your random thoughts!
Amber
Post a Comment