Ethiopia is believed to be the birthplace of one of my most favoritest things: coffee!!
Monday, June 06, 2005
It finally came
Approximately one month and five days ago, I decided to apply to graduate school. It was sort of an uncharacteristic, spur of the moment decision for me, so it felt weird to do it because that's not normally in my nature to make a big decision without taking some time to process. But sometimes I think the Lord just lands opportunties in your lap and says..."do it..follow me." That's how I felt this was for me. My roommate Jamie and I went to this particular school's preview day on April 2, and as a result of the information I got and the people I met, I felt like I would be a fool not to at least apply and try it out. It ended up being a very encouraging process. My job, my references, my friends, my mentors, and my family all were very excited about it. That's always good to know when you're making a huge decision that people don't say you're a wacko for doing it. I applied to a Christian counseling graduate school called Psychological Studies Institute (PSI). It's here in Atlanta. I applied for the fall of 2005 to start part-time in the Masters of Arts in Professional Counseling Degree, and I hope to use it some day on the mission field. Then I waited. And waited. Then I went out of town last weekend for work so I was forced to stop daily chasing down my roommate Heather who gets the mail in my house for any word that she may have picked up that day from PSI. So today I got back into town and got home and TODAY WAS THE DAY. The letter sat on my bed. Smaller then I expected but that's ok. I got in. I will be going to graduate school! God is good.
4 comments:
Very cool!! Know that your entire family supports you as well. Your journey in the exploration of your purpose is an example to us all!
Jess,
Congrats and way to go!
Jess,
This fabulous!!! I read everything and enjoyed it!! Congrats on your acceptence! I'll be checking in often. kmk
Way to go Jessie. Continue to listen to God calling you. Your family will be there for you to support and pray for your continued success. We are very proud of you.
On another note or two, your writings I enjoyed very much and will check in often. Hey, what about Alias final episode, did you jump as much as I did????
Post a Comment