Thursday, June 16, 2005

My cousin Sean

I did want to post something about my visitor last weekend. My cousin Sean who is from Minnesota came to visit and we did a ton of fun stuff. We got to see the Cola-Cola museum, Atlanta Botanical Gardens, Zoo Atlanta, the new cartoon flick "Madagascar", and have dinner with my Atlanta Ringsmuth cousins. A lot of those things I had never even done before.

Let me tell you something about Sean. He has the most flexible personality ever. Everything we did he was so super excited about. Even when the weather was kind of bad on Sunday and it started raining the minute we got out of the car to walk into the zoo. I made the suggestion that we go see a movie and he said "yeah, that sounds fun" like it's no big deal. And we got to go to the zoo and get Jake's ice cream (famously good Atlanta ice cream) on Monday before he left. There was one particularly neat thing about Sean's visit that I didn't anticipate. Because my mom used to spend a lot of time with Sean and even lived with his family for a period of time, Sean brought up the most fun and unique memories of her. For example, in my house, we have two fireplaces and Sean and I got to talking about them and whether or not we use them. Then Sean told me that when my mom lived with them while she was trying to recover she used to love to sit in their living room by the fireplace. He said that everytime he looks at that fireplace now he thinks of her. It was the coolest thing having someone like him around to reiminise with.

I think Sean also had a great time which is good because this visit was his Christmas present and Santa doesn't give refunds. So hopefully he will tell everyone how fun it was so that my out of town family and friends won't be able to resist coming to visit too!

No comments: