Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Now I know I am officially done!

Last weekend was Memorial Day, obviously. It was my first weekend in a very long time where I did so many fun things without regard to time or what I needed to do or what I was neglecting to have fun. I could totally tell I was officially done with school! It was an incredible feeling.

I think it really hit me when Angie and I were eating pancakes on her deck on Saturday morning. She invited me over to see her beautiful new flower garden that adorns all the edges of her deck just outside her front door. We got to eat outside with all the flowers, peach pancakes, and orangina juice. Now that's a memorable breakfast!! After that I REALLY didn't want to move off that deck, not to mention start our crazy bike ride which was the main activity for the day. Soon we were pumping up our tires and filling up water bottles and we were off! Angie and I met Courtney and Kate in Candler Park, and there we headed through neighborhoods and paths until about 6 miles later ended at the Decatur Arts Festival. It was a beautiful but hot day, so we had to go to Jake's to get ice cream and get some water refills for sure. Even though this is the farthest I had ever biked, I was feeling pretty good and ready for the trek home. However, I still don't know if we took like a detour or what but the way home was pretty....er....ahh..intense. We did only neighborhoods which were pretty darn hilly. Praise God we did make it. When we got back to Angie's she and I just laid on the couch and tried to drink more water and eat cheese. Wow. It was a ton of fun and I survived!!!

I also got to hang out with Gates and Heather that night and eat at my favorite pizza place Pepperoni's. On Sunday my PSI friend Morgan and I drove to Macon to see my other good PSI friend Alison, who just moved there with her husband after graduation. Her new house was really awesome and reminded me of the old south, which is kind of just the feeling of Macon in general.

I also got to watch two movies and have a cookout last weekend with some more cowboy golf (thank you Matt & Shannon!) which is TAKING THE SOUTH BY STORM.

It's such a blessing to be able to take this time just to rest and enjoy life again. I'm glad God created us to have a need for both rest and work! I'm going to certainly get some sweet rest when Amy Mo, Gates, and Amy Ro and I leave for Puerto Vallarta this weekend!!! Cause I still haven't gotten my massage....

No comments: