Friday, May 23, 2008

Not exactly...

Today at Target this woman said to me, "Ooo, I really like your perm." What the crap?

I said, "Um, actually it's natural." To which she then of course, acted incredibly surprised and stared at my hair as I walked away.

Wow. I get a lot of random comments on my hair, but that was a first! Most people at least give me the benefit of the doubt and ask if it's natural before beginning the jealously comments and questions about whether or not if I hate it (with the assumption that I do). Why do people always assume I hate it? I like it a lot, for the record. I've also noticed that most of the people who really love my hair are from the older crowd, like 60 and up. Was curly hair like all the rage back in the 1950's?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your hair too!!! How random though, to funny. Thanks for the laugh today.

Alli

Anonymous said...

I like your hair too and I am in my 60s.