Thursday, May 24, 2007

One of my favorite places

Is my deck.

I have a really, really ridiculously large deck. For a townhouse, at least. It was definitely one of the selling points of my house. I also live by a "lake" that features the cutest little ducklings this time of year. I really like the ducklings because they just waddle their cute selves around and don't make much of a racket or a mess. They've been perching on my shore for the past week with their parents.

Before our community group's goodbye dinner to the Seaton's last night, I gave some bread to Angie and Audrey Seaton and they were out feeding the ducks who were quite happy to oblige and scarf down the whole-wheat amazingness. After which our group partook of our own spagetti amazingness.

We wished the Seaton's farewell with a Nathan A. Smith collage original, which they loved so much they cried. It was sweet. We all signed the back too. It was hilarious because they were thinking it was going to be a huge picture of ourselves, but we thought a picture of downtown Atlanta would be much more sightly.

We're really, really going to miss them.

No comments: