So for obvious reasons I don't really celebrate Mother's Day. Although this year I got to spend it with the McNay's enjoying the most amazing fish (tilapia and skate) ever. He-llo. That's awesome. Plus, they're awesome.
So on Monday I checked my work email, finally opening up this e-card I got from one of my recruits randomly last week. I was at home so I could hear the sound and everything because we don't have sound at our computers at work. I had only emailed with this recruit a couple of times and we haven't connected yet on the phone, so I was sort of wondering what she would say.
It was a Happy Mother's Day e-card....
4 comments:
Oh, I'm sorry I missed it Jessica. A belated, "Happy Mother's Day" to ya!
I miss her too, Jess. Just two weeks ago I was walking back from Mahoney Park with some Ringsmuths and we went right past your old house on Seward avenue. The swingset was still up, and I remembered the burgers and fries we used to have before going out to play with Sherman and then heading off to Ballard pool.
I also remember trying to give her money for food while I rented a room from her (she wouldn't take it, and all but ordered me to eat anything in the fridge I wanted to). I remember going to cut down a Christmas tree with her and Matt and carting it home in Matt's crappy grey Blazer.
I remember one night when I wanted to see the new Star Trek movie (Insurrection, the ninth in the series). I had no friends except for Matt, and he was busy. Your mom, as anyone who knew her would expect, happily agreed to go with me, even though I'm sure she had zero interest in the adventures of Captain Picard and company.
Whenever I see you, I'm amazed at how much you look like her. But even moreso, how much you act like her. And please consider that the highest of possible compliments.
Jessie, as hard as it was to read, it was also a beautiful message and straight from your Mom......why else have your friend send you a Mother's day ecard......a little reminder from her that she is always going to be there for you and Matt.......Glad friends and family remember Sue so well....she was a great person and you are following in her shoes. Love ya, Aunt Deb
Thanks everyone! It was neat to read your thoughts. One thing that I may not have made clear- the person who sent me the card didn't know me personally. She's someone interested in missions with MTW where I work and I had been in contact with her. So I guess she assumed that I was a mom =), which was pretty funny. But now I feel so encouraged after your comments!
Post a Comment