Everything I learned about taking care of Sox I got from the internet.
I recently experienced the second slightly major issue with having Sox, my cat. She has been throwing up a lot. Not only does this stain my carpet and it's pretty new, but yeah I hate cleaning it up!!
Last night I googled "cat throwing up" and found some site that recommended putting some butter on her paws which she would then complusively lick until completely off. I think the butter greases down her digestive track to help get rid of hairballs, which I'm pretty sure is the problem. After confirming this idea with a couple other sites, I went downstairs to find the butter. Normally my little grey shadow follows me around but not this time so in my best I-want-Sox-to-come special tone of voice I called for her up the stairs and she came right to her potential doom. I quickly dabbed some butter on her front paws which she HATED. She ran away from me and sort of alternated between running in zig zags around the house and licking it off. She stayed away from me for like 20 minutes.
The site said to do it once a day for a week and then once a week after that. So I did it again this morning but holding her in my arms this time so I could aim better. She was pretty darn ticked off. But this evening she was sitting next to me on the couch so I think all is well.
I have really grown to love having her around. She is so much like Wida, the cat our family had for years growing up. Super friendly, personable, fairly obediant, comes when I call her, etc.
But the throw up has got to go!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment