Monday, May 28, 2007

A great honor to be the maid of honor



On May 12, my very good friends Jamie and Nathan got engaged! It was an awesome surprise and Nathan did a great job with the ring and engagement plan. I found out about it at approximately 11:00am that Saturday. I was at home reading when Jamie called to ask me if I would be willing to buy a bridesmaid dress to wear sometime next January! I totally freaked out I was so stoked.

It's been really cool living with Jamie over the past five years and seeing hers and Nathan's friendship develop into a relationship, then love, and now they are getting married! We've all been friends for several years, so I am super lucky to have gotten to know Nathan a bit better through this and now to have him for a friend-in-law. It's still a bit surreal to me, and I'm not the one getting married. And I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot about wedding planning now, which is a good thing because I definitely lack some serious knowledge in that area.

Today Jamie and I went shopping down at Atlantic Station and she treated me to a sweet Cinnamon Dolce frappachino on our way back to the car. As we were walking she asked me if I would be willing to be her maid of honor. I've never done that before and I wasn't totally sure if I would the one to do this or not, so of course I was so excited, surprised and said yes!! This is starting to sound like my own engagement story =). But it's truly such a big honor for me. I'm going to need a refresher on the maid of honor duties, but I'm ready for the task!!

How fun is it that God has given me such a precious gift of friendship with Jamie. And now that gift is growing from just Jamie to now Jamie and Nathan.

Hmmm...now I wonder who Jamie's friend-in-law will someday be?

2 comments:

Jamie said...

YAY!!! I am so excited too, I am the one who is honored to have YOU as a friend. I am wondering the same thing, I know he is going to rule school!

sringsmuth said...

Nice going on being selected as the MoA, Jess. Heh...friend-in-law... :) Congrats to Jamie (whoever you are, you sound like a nice girl, which you would have to be, if you're good friends with Jess!) and her recent upgrade to Fiancee!