Friday, January 12, 2007

My aunt Tanya

This week I had the opportunity to spend two nights with my Aunt Tanya who was in town from Minnesota for a work trip. We went to dinner on Wednesday night at The Grove which was good and had amazing dessert. After that I had an opportunity to show her my new house which I was super excited about because it's not too often I have family in town so most people have no idea what it looks like. She helped me out too with ideas of how to hang things because many of my pictures are still sitting on the floor and not put up yet. I don't have that whole spacial ability/interior decorating gene. My house should look awesome now after her suggestions. I did ask her to keep me accountable to hanging up at least one thing a month so that I'll actually take her up on her suggestions.

On Thursday night I was hanging out with a family from church that I'm good friends with when on my way home I got a message from my uncle Andy, Tanya's husband, that Tanya's mom was taken to the hospital by ambulance and they weren't sure what was wrong. Fortunately I only live like 20 minutes from the Marriott where she was staying so I was able to get there in no time and spend the night so she wouldn't be sitting there by herself. The next flight back to Minnesota wasn't until 7:30am the next day. I wanted to be there for her, and loved the conversations again as always but I quickly became enamored with the 300 thread count sheets and down comforter of the new King size Marriott Marquis beds. Wow, they were amazing. We ordered room service and the guy came in and delivered the food while I was still trying out the bed with the covers pulled all the way up. I didn't know what to say but exclaim "Hi!!" because I was so elated with the bed I couldn't bear to leave it. When he left he said "thank you for saying at the magnificent Marriott"' and I told him it was indeed magnificent. Earlier in the evening I had also somehow managed to break the handle off the sink in the bathroom so that the water wouldn't shut off. Normally if you're trying to comfort someone this is not the right move. Fortunately, we did get quite a good laugh out of it when I popped my head out of the bathroom with the handle in my hand and said "uhhh this could be a problem." It was fixed in no time though even at midnight by the maintenance guy.

The latest I've heard is that Tanya's mom had a seizure, but recovered completely, praise the Lord.

If you're ever in Atlanta, stay at the Marriott for sure unless you actually want to get up in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess, Thanks for being there with Tanya I know she really appreciated it and so did I. Your Comic relief was very much needed.

Andy

jessrings said...

No prob. I was so glad to help out. More time with Tanya is like a no brainer.