Friday, January 19, 2007

Football game of doom turned...pretty darn fun





Last weekend we had an all-time record high of 73 degrees on Sunday here in Atlanta, so a group of us made the most of it and went to Piedmont park to play some football. Our motivation was to not only make the most of the beautiful weather, but for the girls to hopefully regain some pride by instigating a rematch game against the guys and actually winning. The first match took place in September 2005 on the beach weekend in Destin. The girls got their aces whooped and yours truly was carrying the offense at quarterback. I guess a year and a half is enough time to forget the sting of defeat and for my team to believe I still was qualified enough to throw some passes, because we really thought we had a chance. After I threw two interceptions and we only made it to the halfway point once, I declared our rematch to be over and humbly asked to switch up teams. We really weren't doing sooo bad but it's hard too when a lot of people have never played before and I was the tallest girl by far. Tubbs and Jeremy could just sweep in front of 5-foot-1 Christina like she wasn't even there. Oh well. Our team did quite awesome when we mixed things up. Here are some pictures of the action. The guy running with the football is Chuck and he was on my team- sweet. Hadleigh is my friend Ami's daughter and she wanted to join the action really bad you could tell!!

No comments: