Monday, January 08, 2007

The Flu of Doom

I had a really fun Saturday hanging out with my cousin Rochelle and her fam. We had a picnic on their playset, went swinging on the swings, went for a walk, talked, and had an amazing dinner- thanks to Steven and James for some unbelieveable steaks and au gratin potatoes.

Sunday was the opposite of that. I had somehow developed the flu of doom.

I think it's interesting that whenever anyone is sick, the main question is, how did you get it? As if somehow that would help to know. Really, the reason behind my horrible nausea and other things doesn't help me feel any less like I'm going to die. Which is what I told Jamie. I am going to die.

Fortunately, Jamie did what any good friend and roommate to me does, she bought me some gatorade, People magazines, and reassured me that I am not going to die.

So today am I not at work but instead catching up on things like Cosby Show reruns, facebook entries, and blogging. Not a bad day. Plus, I've kept the gatorade and toast down so far.

I'm craving Arby's, but value my life more then that. I never want to become such good friends with my bathroom ever again. Although, it is a cute bathroom.

2 comments:

The Kirkwood Family said...

FEEL BETTER SOON SWEETIE!

Beth said...

Ack! The flu sucks. My condolences. I hope you feel better real soon!!