Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I just can't quit you

Well it looks like I won't be leaving MTW afterall.

Last Thursday I was offered a dream position that would allow me to stay at MTW and still go to school full-time. Due to some recent restructuring in the recruitment department, there was an opening for someone to start working part-time right now, which coincides with my planned departure from the internship department and MTW as a whole or so I thought. Recruiting at MTW is talking to new folks who hear about MTW somehow which is usually through a friend, church, or our website. Recruiters also from time to time speak at conferences and pass out information at our booth when we have on display at different times throughout the year. I've been able to do some recruitment stuff on the side several times, and would require virtually no training to do this job. Plus, I can set hours that work with my class schedule and do almost all of the work from home. It's amazing. I'm already familiar too with the other recruiters in that department because we work closely with them in the department I am leaving. It's such a blessing to be able to do this and stay connected with MTW while I finish up my degree. I'm not totally sure of all the details but it looks like I will be starting my new position in February.

God's timing is always perfect!!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

can i just say one thing?? make up your mind!!!!!!!!! haha, just kidding. actually, it's great because amanda and i were just talking about how we were still going to call you with our kenya questions this year. and now we can and not feel guilty about it. well, sort of. and, by the way, when you become a recruiter, can you PLEASE email my roommate about africa? she's excited and ready to go!
so happy for you and i pray that the Lord continues to show you just how much He loves you by working out even the smallest details of your life like where you will work...love ya!

Beth said...

Wow! That's amazing!! So glad that this is working out so well. Love you, Jess!

crooked deep down said...

hey, that's really awesome! I feel awful for not calling you yet. But it looks like I'll have more time to do so at work now... next week, I promise.

sringsmuth said...

Jess, that is too cool.

You say: I've gotta leave MTW to get my degree.

God says: I've got better things in mind...just have patience and faith.

And as usual, things work out much better by what God had planned than by what we could ever plan.