As of 5:30pm EST on Thursday, Dec. 22 I am now a homeowner. It was probably the most stressful few weeks of my life preparing to do this, but the closing that afternoon went really smooth. I left with a handful of nice gifts from my realtor, lender, and even the seller, who gave me some perfume samples. He apparently sells perfume part time at a kiosk in Lenox mall over the holidays. I am very blessed to be able to own such a place!! I won't be moving in for a few more months probably, but I'm looking forward to painting, putting in new carpet and fixing it up in the meantime.
I've also been toying with the possibility of getting a cat. I love cats and have always had them growing up. In the house we have now we're not allowed to have them, so I haven't had one in a while. My main reason for not doing it would just be the cost of having one. But I found one online that I like so if it's not adopted over the next few months I might adopt him. He's super cute, large, and a long-haired cat which I've heard has less allergines then short-haired cats. His name is Fletcher.
1 comment:
Congratulations, JR! Woohoo! I weep for Graceland, but am excited for your new home. Please let me know when you start painting. I'll be sure to be out of town, I mean, volunteer.
Thanks for running back the old Ami Franklin e-mail. That was fun to write.
Post a Comment