Monday, September 03, 2007

Fall classes are a hit

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the easiest thing I have going on this semester is my classes. I just really like them, and I especially like my teachers. Even though my school is great and I'm very glad I ended up there, one expectation that can't be fulfilled every time is that I will love my teachers. In fact, I tend to be overly critical, which is unfortunate sometimes. I tend to let my feelings for the teacher dictate how motivated I am to really do well. Not always a good strategy.

One of the things I don't particularly like is doing prayer requests in class. I go to a Christian school, and some teachers feel that having group requests is important. I've had some teachers though (one in particular) where this has gone on for 30 minutes or so, and by then I'm starting to wonder if we're having class or if I'm just paying for the most expensive bible study ever. I have two teachers this semester that are doing prayer requests, but I actually like it. I think it's because they keep it really brief. I am very relieved.

I do have a research methods class this semester, which I've been d-r-e-a-d-i-n-g since my first day at school. I hate research and doing statistics, so the whole thing was just bound to be doomish. However, my teacher is great. He spent like 15 minutes the first day of class asking us about our fears and reasons why people dislike this class so much. He also does a great job going over everything really slowly so even I can understand it. Now it did take me over two hours to do the homework, and I still had to phone a friend. I feel pretty strongly though, that I will survive.

No comments: