Monday, September 03, 2007

Walk to Mary Katherine's

I think I am adventurous, but maybe not in the normal way you would think of adventure. I'm not really up for bungee jumping, climbing mountains, driving fast cars, etc. But I do like to do find adventure in the everyday.

Yesterday I did this by walking to Mary Katherine's new apartment. Now some of you who read this blog have never been to my house, so I am hoping I can still make this blog relevant.

Mary Katherine (and in three weeks, Matt too) live about...oh..I don't know maybe 1-2 miles away from me on the Pleasantdale access road. It's been a gorgeous weekend here in Atlanta and by Sunday night I had squandered most of it by staying inside and studying and watching the US Open. So I had to get out and get some fresh air. I was going to walk through the neighborhoods, but then I remembered how close MK lived to me. I was already walking when I remembered this. I also wanted to walk for at least an hour. I didn't know exactly which apartment, or what number she lived in, or if she was home, and I'd have to walk on the access road, but I did know how to get there. I figured it would be about a 30 minute walk one way.

I think because of being overseas many times..or...something I don't think walking places is that dangerous. But at least in Atlanta, and especially on Plesantdale Road, it's natural to feel suspicious of walkers. I did see some shifty characters. But most of them where shorter than me, so that's good. By following one walker (at a safe distance), I learned of a shortcut so I wouldn't have to walk on the access road as much. Score.

In case you were wondering the outcome of the story, I found the apartment, but MK was not there. I did find her car, and did what any good friend would do, and put up her windshield wipers so she would be super confused when she came home. I did learn that next time I think I'm going to bike, which would help with the path I had to take through the weeds, and I'm going to call first.

My next adventure is to try the Korean barbeque place by Dave and Ami's house. Man I bet that is good!!!

4 comments:

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

Bring it on...it is super good.

crooked deep down said...

Korean barbecue is awesome. Korean food in general is awesome-- my new roommate just moved here from Korea a year ago and he shares his kimchi with me all the time.

sringsmuth said...

Never had Korean food, but I did sample an Indian buffet last time we were down in Georgia. Very different, I'll say.

Glad to hear you made it OK, Jess. Definitely go with the bike next time. :)

CP said...

I'll go eat Korean BBQ with you.