Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Driving a Cruise Liner

Heather and I spent a crazy and hilarious hour at work today together.

She was pretty stressed out because she had to ship A LOT of materials to the MTW recruiters who are going to be at the Urbana conference. The main problem was that most of the materials she needed have now been moved to our offsite storage unit, which until today, always seemed to be quite a nebulous place to me. The materials were in large, heavy boxes, so her first move was to try to recruit a guy to help her. Due to some unique circumstances, I somehow became her guy.

The next problem was figuring out how to fit 2 boxes of devotionals and 4 boxes of water bottles into her Nissan Altima. Luckily, my boss Jack came to the rescue and offered the use of his large Lincoln Towncar that can easily fit six adults in his trunk alone.

Heather was too short, so I got to drive the beast. It was so cool. The thing actually floats. It was like driving a cruise liner. And Heather and I felt like the mofia, especially when we arrived at the storage unit. No one was around. We entered the code. "Access-granted." We floated to the unit and started packing the stuff in, one box at a time. Finished. Looked around, and got the heck out of dodge.

We had to also go to Ka-bloom flower shop. On the way, we were passed by a woman driving Jack's exact vehicle. She was clearly no less then 89 years old.

Someone also got really gutsy and pulled out in front of me. After they saw the beast barrelling down on them while honking, I'm pretty sure they needed a towel.

Ka-bloom was uneventful. Flowers order for Julie who is leaving us. That stinks, but the flowers are cool.

Got back. Unloaded drug shipment, I mean, materials. Gave keys back to Jack. Jack confirms that he sees his car all the time and it's always being driven by someone who is like 30 years older then him. Hilarious.

Survived. Back to being a girl.

3 comments:

CP said...

whew, I'm glad you're a girl again!! I would love to have seen the woman who cut you off...

Nathan Smith said...

That is fantastic, I would loved to have seen you and Heather on that adventure. Any pictures?

Allison said...

Thanks for providing a much needed laugh this evening! You are hilarious!