Living in a townhouse has brought about a new role for me which is being a part of a townhome association. I had an opportunity to meet the other members of this unique place a few weeks ago when I attend my first association meeting.
The meeting afforded some intriguing news such as how the ducks will be removed in November, although miraculously will not be harmed in the process. Also, I found out there is nothing the association can do about the ice cream truck that plays the most annoying music ever and comes through our neighborhood at least once a week.
In addition to personally hearing more about the newsworthy happenings of Spring Harbor, I also got to see my fellow Spring Harborites in action. One woman was so distraught over the duck removal that she ran out of the room with her hands over her ears and singing so that she couldn't hear the details. I think she's an animal lover.
We also got to vote on the new board members, and I had the privilege of electing my friend and coworker Kendra to the board. Kendra now has been asking me to join up and come to the board meetings and head one of the committees. I said I would think about it, as long as I didn't have to be on what I call the repo committee which goes around and nails people who haven't paid their dues. I like speaking the truth in love but that's a little much. Kendra's suggesting I help with the community newsletter or the welcoming committee, the latter involving just going around and meeting people and finding out what language they speak. I can do that. Buuuuuut I don't know we'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment