This week has proven to be quite interesting thus far.
It's been stressful at work dealing with some issues that came to a head especially Monday with a missionary I was working with, in addition to some other minor deadlines I had. When I get stressed out or think about something a lot, I tend to chew on things; mostly pen caps and occasionally my cell phone antenna. However, that day while I was on a phone call trying to get some last minute information from someone, I was chewing on my Sharpie marker. Suddenly I heard a "crack" and an ooze that tasted absolutely horrible hit my tongue. Not only was I ingesting marker but it was permanent and black- double whammie. Fortunately I was about finished with the phone call so it wasn't too long before I was able to wipe off my mouth before serious damage was done. Only the tip of my tongue was black for a while. Also, to my relief, it says right on the marker "nontoxic" so I am still alive today to blog about this story.
I also had my friend and coworker Allie cut my hair this week. She's been cutting hair on the side for quite some time. I told her I would pay her full market value and she could do whatever she wanted because it doesn't matter to me too much and it's hard to screw up curly hair. We did it in our storage room after work, which was extremely convenient until someone walked in and noticed what we were doing. Fortunately it was someone who just thought it was funny. My hair, is quite short now. I've gotten a ton of compliments and I think it looks good, but I'm still getting used to it. It's a bit on the poofy side, but Allie says it gives me personality. I can work with that.
Both of these incidents were also recorded via cell phone picture. Our HR director heard about the marker incident and came by to take a pic for "workman's comp" reasons/proof for further jokes at my expense around the office =). The person that walked in on my haircut also took a picture, and he also happens to lead my bible study on Wednesday nights, so that's circulating around as well.
I also gave out my third homeless pack to a woman who's often seen on my exit. She seemed the most grateful so far. After I gave it to her she thanked me profusely and walked away slowly, looking at the bag in wonder at all it's contents.
I never thought my life was so interesting.....
5 comments:
hi Jessica,
um, I just miss you and everyone else a lot. And funny stories like that. I'll try to call you sometime soon, but it might not be until after next week...
anyway, I'm praying and hoping that aside from a few marker-ingesting incidents, things are good with you!
hi Jessica,
um, I just miss you and everyone else a lot. And funny stories like that. I'll try to call you sometime soon, but it might not be until after next week...
anyway, I'm praying and hoping that aside from a few marker-ingesting incidents, things are good with you!
picture, picture, picture!!!!!!
you can't talk about them and not put them on your blog!! That marker story is hilarious!!!
Thanks for the laugh (of course I was not at you, but with you!!)
mb
For real, you have got to post those pics!
that marker story made me laugh out loud here in my cubicle. yes, please post the pics.
Post a Comment