Friday, August 04, 2006

update #7- final one folks

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."

"You are a king, then!" said Pilate

Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on this side of truth listen to me."

"What is truth?" Pilate asked..
~John 18:36-38

So I am back in America safe and sound.
When I am hungry I can eat right away.
When I am thirsty I can drink straight from the tap.
When I have to go to the bathroom there's one nearby that's clean w/toilet paper.
I can go to my favorite restaurant, Cresent Moon.
I will get free refills and ice in my drink while I'm at Cresent Moon.
I can get real ketchup and not lame Peptang tomato sauce at Cresent Moon.
I can drive.
I can go places at night.
I have money to buy what I need.
I have a beautiful house with my own bed and bathroom.
I can go back to holding, petting, and annoying my cat.

America so far has been a mix of relief to be back in my own culture with my friends and family around me and general overwhelmingness of how fast paced and technology-driven we are. I've already had a couple of re-entry feux pas with customer service people at the apple store and kinkos. Why does everything have to be done with a credit or debit card here I ask?? =)

I'm sure that in about a week things will hit me that I've really left and I'm not sure when I'll get to see my new Kenyan friends again or my team. I hope that when I miss them it will drive me to pray for them and encourage them via email and letters as much as possible. Like the above verse says I have learned again that really as Christians we long for the kingdom that is in heaven and not in this earth. As we hope in the truth found in Jesus, we long for a time where we can be with him in heaven, where there is no more pain, sadness, suffering and tears.

I hope to continue to post things on my blog including pictures as soon as I can get my computer fixed. My blog is http//:jessrings.blogspot.com. I can't wait to show you what some of these adventures look like.

I look forward to sharing these experiences also in person as time allows.

Thanks again for all of your prayers and support! You all were so incredibly encouraging and I couldn't have done it without you.

Talk to you all soon,
Jessica


Do you Yahoo!?
Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

No comments: