Last weekend was spent in a whirlwind in Minnesota, and it was oh so much fun! I was able to spend some good times with my bro and his fiance and attend two showers for her and her bachlorette party. It was such a treat for me to be able to go since once of the bummers about me living so far away is that I do miss out on things.
Here were some of the highlights:
-swapping stories and insights about my trip to Kenya with my aunt Sherrie, who was also there the last two weeks of my trip with a medical team that came down.
-hearing stories about my brother's cat Caddie who will eat anything including, but not limited to, dry broccoli and jalapenos.
-having a very "macho" time at the bachlorette party.
-learning what a "credit card" move was at the bachlorette party (this was not so much a highlight, but just an educational moment, maybe more for my cousin Jamie who was the victim of the credit card. I fortunately escaped. This time.)
-eating at Red Robin with my brother and hearing about his recent promotion, while eating a sweet Turkey burger and wondering at the same time why we don't have Red Robin's in Georgia and why I did not get into the security business as a career.
-going to the Minnesota state fair with my uncle Andy and his oldest daughter Maddie who is 6.
-riding the realllllly big slide with Maddie and legimately asking her on the way up if it was ok if I was scared.
-eating a pronto pup, a fried snickers bar, a spagetti dinner on a stick and some fried pickles with dip at the fair.
-watching Andy eat more then that and still be alive today (to be fair, he did share his cheese curds, corn on the cob, and ice cold milk with me but since I'm writing this blog I choose to omit how much of these things I had)
-wishing I had room to try the hot dish on a stick and fried alligator.
-sending personal phone calls from Samuel L. Jackson to people who really appreciated it I am sure.
-spending some quality time on the plane reflecting, journaling and praying.
2 comments:
i'm just wondering how you eat a hot dish on a stick...hummmmm...
Jennifer Neelands
CREDIT CARD!!!!! LOL
ALLI
Post a Comment