Thursday, August 24, 2006

Back to work/back to school


Daniel ordered this mini-cubicle off of EBAY last spring, complete with stick-on pics of family and a computer screen for the little worker man. I of course thought it was hilarious and quite an accurate representation of how it feels to be workin' in the cube, or the hole, as I call it. I never found a way to get this pic on the blog until now because this sums up how I am feeling to be back in the hole after being out of it for two months!!

There's so many good things about my job, but sitting in a desk all day answering emails and phone calls was not something I totally missed. There's something about being with people and out walking during the day and having only tasks to do that are rarely on a deadline or specific time frame that never really got old.

I do think at some point I'll be back in a job like the one I had this summer. And I think that's a big part of why I'm going to counseling school, which started back up this week. I think I'm going to really love my classes this semester which is awesome. So I know there's going to be a cumulative purpose to the temporary walls and homework for the next 2 years.

At least my temp walls now are decorated with some pretty snazzy Kenyan facades!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhh, to be back on the less demanding, no deadline schedule would be so good right now...how did we ever do this before??
excited about this weekend...talked to carly, couldn't keep the secret so she knows...but she's super excited so that works!
ok going to hang out by the pool...aren't you jealous? see you friday (and im sure i'll talk to you again before then!)