I'm always up for interesting insights about Europe and especially the spiritual climate there....Is God Dead in Europe? This is an article by a USA Today writer. It's interesting- and if you have comments please post them. The article mentions this quote in particular:
"Among the consequences of Europe's abandonment of its religious roots and the moral code that derives therefrom is a plunge in its birth rates to below the replacement level. Abortion, birth control, acceptance of gay marriage and casual sex are driving the trend. Europe is "committing demographic suicide, systematically depopulating itself," according to Weigel.
United Nations population statistics back him up."
Although, I am not sure if people merely attending church on Sundays would help any of these behaviors that are surely popular in the US as well. Only a change in the heart, of true repentance and turning to trust fully in God, can real change occur. If anyone's looking for back up on this, verses like Romans 3:23, 6:23 and 10:9-10 are examples of what I'm talking about. I am thankful to those of many different Christian denominations and walks that are laboring tirelessly in Europe. Those who care greatly about the people there and in love tell them about the change they can have only in Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment