Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Fear

"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." ~Romans 8:15

I am finding that especially with owning my house all of these new fears are creeping up unexpectedly:
-Fear that something will be wrong with my dryer hose and it will burst into flames.
-Fear that I won't get all my painting done.
-Fear that something will go wrong with my HVAC unit and something will explode.
-Fear that my neighbor is actually creepy and not nice.
-Fear that my new neighborhood is actually unsafe.
-Fear that a tornado will come roaring through just after we finish painting.

These are new fears on top of others that are the other ones that come up with the normal obligations of life. I found the above verse today that is a good reminder of how as a child of Christ, I have nothing to fear. That He will give me all the strength I need to get through any situation. I need to calm down, relax, and enjoy this incredible gift of a new house. And that when it is all done it will look awesome and I can have the best house warming party ever!

No comments: