Sunday, October 16, 2005

Retreat with my new team!

A couple of weeks ago my new team at work had a retreat at Jack's family's lake house in South Carolina. Jack is my new boss. He used to be just the director of Julie, Carrell, Bill and Jamie, but now he is also over Gina, Daniel and I (see below pics) because our two departments combined. David, my former boss, is now the director of another department at MTW.

We had this retreat so we could set goals and norms for our new department. It was also great just to kick back, relax, and enjoy getting to know each other better. Amazingly enough, we are on the same page on a lot of things and we came up with great ideas for the future.

I also learned that South Carolina had lakes, which I was not aware of before.

Although this retreat was so awesome, all of these changes have definitely been an adjustment. I really liked David, and he was the only boss I've ever had since being out in the real world. I'm glad he's still around so I can see him from time to time. It will be neat to see how God continues to guide us and shape us through this time of transition for us.

No comments: