Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Mix these for a dangerous reaction

I was having an ok weekend until I decided to sit down with my good college buddies Gates and Melissa to watch the Vikings vs. Falcons game. I was actually pretty excited about it. I made my special Turkey burgers and we roared up the George Forman and had our own tailgating party in the den. We had a great time hanging out, but with the score at 24-0 in favor of the Dirty birds at halftime the mood quickly turned sour. Fortunately I had to take a mid-game break to go to a special service at church and my friends had to go. For some reason (I'm a gutton for punishment I guess) I decided to tape the rest of it. Here's where the dangerous reaction came in.

On my way home from church I was thinking that I should try to be productive while watching the rest of the game. So I got out one of my schoolbooks so I could make some flashcards for an upcoming test. I learned never to watch the Vikings and study. They were losing 27-3 when I turned it off and suddenly my desire to study was pretty slim. Plus I had this depressed/angry feeling. I don't know when the Vikes will make a turnaround but it's looking pretty disturbing right now.

No comments: