
Basically, just this.
It's what I've been staring at, reading, sleeping with, throwing around, hugging, and now, leaving behind.
Yes, it is my study guide for the NCE, which stands for "National Counselor Exam."
All three years of my graduate school career can sort of be summed up in this three hour test of doom that took place yesterday morning at 8:30 in the Mt Paran Grand Hall, Atlanta, GA. I survived it, despite being consumed with many "rational" worries, including but not limited to, my car not starting when I went to drive to the test, or there being a horrible wreck on 285 East, thus rendering my efforts to make it to the test useless. If you were even a minute late you were not allowed to take it. This increased my worries. However, I think a lot of people were praying for me because I didn't feel anxious at all during the test. Just bored. And tired. There were definitely questions I knew, some I didn't know, some that had choices of answers that all seemed right or wrong. So I picked the best answer and moved on. I'll know how I did in about 4-6 weeks. I know. Brutal.
However, today I've enjoyed a day of complete relaxation. I had a great morning at church, enjoying a break from 1st grade sunday school and seeing my friend's baby get baptized. Then I lounged around in the afternoon watching episodes of CSI and NCIS on Comcast On Demand. Then tonight, Amy Mo, Christina, Laura D and I went to see Big Boi perform with the Atlanta Ballet at the Fox. It was sort of like watching one-half of OutKast perform a concert with ballet dancers, but it was so awesome. Not to mention the fact that Christina totally spotted Andre 3000 who turned out to be sitting just TWO ROWS ahead of us. What-up holmes!! (a totally appropriate saying for this venue). The show included songs like "Bombs over Baghdad" and "Kryptonite" with a finale of "I like the way you move" where people just danced in their seats for like 20 minutes. It was sort of like a mellow-er Club 1150, mostly I think because there were still quite a few white people there.
Of course, after being inspired by what we just saw, we totally had our own dance party in Laura's sweet Nissan on the way home, complete with Krispy Kreme donuts and decaf coffee. Wow, it just doesn't get any better than that.
Back to the grind tomorrow. Only three weeks to go!!
2 comments:
Agh! That picture brought back memories ... more like nightmares! Congrats on getting through the test! Good luck with the last 3 weeks!
Michele
Congrats on your test! I am as relieved for you that it is over as you are.
Post a Comment