Friday, April 18, 2008

Guess what I got yesterday...


My cap and gown!!!

A bunch of us went and picked them up yesterday during our break from vocational class. We had to try on the gowns before we took them to make sure they fit. The masters degree gowns are a bit different. Mainly, the sleeves are really puffy and hang down strangely.

You also get a hood, based on the color scheme of your degree program. The other side of the hood is supposed to be your school colors. My packet came with instructions telling you how this worked. When I was opening it up, I was reading it to my roommate Amy Mo, who is also a counselor. Here was the conversation, last night, with her, as I chose for some reason to bring this up right before she needed to go to bed:

me (as I pull the hood out of the bag): "ooooh I guess counselors are burgandy and gold."

Amy: "yup."

me: "it says the other side is supposed to be your school colors so that means mine will be blue and silver."

Amy: blank stare and watches as I flip it over.

me (with puzzled look): "it's white. Why doesn't my school have colors? Did your school have colors?"

Amy (who went to a normal state school): "Yeah, it had colors. I don't think PSI has colors."

me (disappointed, and wracking my brain as to why I thought we not only had colors but that they were blue and silver): "we don't?"

Amy: "No..because you don't have sports teams. That's what you need colors for."

me: "Hmmmm. Neat. Good call."

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if we did have sports teams, it would be sorta lame. I mean, we're all counseling students. So people are way too nice. It would probably be like "oops, sorry I didn't mean to tag you out. How did you feel about that? Did any childhood regression occur as you walked back to the bench?"

Only two weeks to go!!

5 comments:

CP said...

HI-larious! And woohoo!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I could never articulate the conversations my "roommate" and I have like you just did! Hilarious!

Congratulations, you never thought a masters degree could give you
such a high!

Robyn

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....I remember that conversation differently....

kate said...

wow. that conversation was hilarious. i feel like i heard it.

brilliant. yay for Jessica writing again.

and congratulations on the cap and gown!!

kate said...

wow. you wrote this in april.

hi. i'm in another country.

right. so, my blog-feeder says you wrote this 16 hrs ago.

anyway, it still made me laugh a lot.

and i know you've graduated and joined the working world. i guess i thought you were walking this semester.

anyway, hi jess! miss you.