Thursday, April 24, 2008

Getting more excited

As of today I have finished my last APA style paper and have written my last journal assignment. I have but a mere book report, one more summary paper, and a take home final to finish. Next Friday is my last day at MARR. I'm bringing a bag tomorrow to put all my personal stuff in to take home with me. We also have our final-four bracket pizza party tomorrow at MARR. Since I won the bracket (the midwest rules), I'm supposed to be carried around the building on someone's shoulders, but I'm faaaairly certain that is not true. I'll keep you posted.

Yesterday we had a meeting about graduation. I was able to get all of my tickets for the actual ceremony, an invitation to join the PSI alumni organization, and five graduation invitations. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with just five of them. I mean, when you have an extended family the size of Alaska like I do, five doesn't really cut it. But they looked really cool. You could also get a PSI class ring. I think I'm going to pass...although I really want a PSI car decal. I've got to get on that.

I was struck yesterday again by the uniqueness of my school. One of the exit forms we had to fill out at the meeting was a sheet with our contact information, information about where we were going to be working (if we had a job), and how DeAnne (our dean of students) could be praying for us during this transition. The thing is, I know she will pray. She is the most sincere person I have ever met with things like that. I really need a job and have been trying to trust God in his provision for all of that and not being overwhelmed with worry. So filling that out and asking her to pray, knowing that she will was pretty cool. I've definitely never heard of a school asking you to complete a form with your prayer requests. It's awesome.

Let me know if you would like a graduation announcement...first come, first serve!!

No comments: