I realized today that it is almost exactly two months until my graduation now. I think I only have like eight weeks of class left or something.
I'm sort of in shock that soon I will probably have to leave MARR and find a new job. Although I guess there's always a shot I could stay there, I'm trying to keep my options open. It takes A LOT of work to find a job. Sheesh. It took me weeks to get my resume polished. Thank God for my friend Nathan who was able to help me format it right. Fighting with Microsoft Word definitely is not a mood booster. I'm finding too that some websites require that you retype the content of your resume into their database in order to apply for jobs. This process takes FOREVER. I think when I find a job online I'm just going to google the company and find their HR rep and email them directly. I don't think I can keep retyping this stuff.
I'm trying for the most part to take each day to get chunks of stuff done so I don't get overwhelmed. My real priority right now has been studying for the NCE (National Counselors Exam) which is on April 12. You have to pass this test to be able to start the process to get your counseling license. So it's basically a big freaking deal. And I get test anxiety. Amy Mo tells me I need to think more positive. I agree. And the sticker study chart she made me helps. There's nothing like looking at the chart and seeing cute smiley faces and safari animals to remind you that you've done your studying today!!!! It doesn't take much =). I'm having a hard time thinking of rewards though for each week that I do my 30 minutes a day of studying. Most of the rewards I think of require recruiting others to do things that I like, for example, going to Mi Taco or watching A & E intervention. I know to recruit others besides like Amy and Christina and Jamie or they are going to be tired of weird Mexican food and shows about substance abuse.
Oh, speaking of, I just started this great book on substance abuse called Broken. It's really facinating.
Ok, that's all for now!
2 comments:
that's awesome that you have a sticker chart. now you need to make a paper chain to count down the days of school. and call me, for serious, if you need study buddy! i like study!
Heh...fighting with MS Word...oh, do I know how you feel. It is the only program I have that, still, consistently crashes on me (that is, when it's not busy messing up some tables, arbitrarily changing font settings, or auto-correcting bulleted lists that I do not want auto-corrected).
Post a Comment