Thursday, February 28, 2008

Weirdest of the Weird

Like a way long time ago Ami challenged me to write weird things about myself. When I was at Figo I asked the gals for suggestions because I think all of us think we're pretty weird, and I wasn't sure what things were truly, honestly, uniquely weird enough to put on the blog. Ok, here's what we came up with.

1. I really, really, love feeling words. "Feeling" words are words like precocious, ecstatic, furious, betrayed, terrified, worried, conflicted, etc. In our everyday language, we rarely use these words in conversation. Instead we usually say "I feel like..." or "I feel that...." Pay attention. You'll totally notice it! In my first counseling skills class, we learned how to identify the feelings of our clients based on the content of what they were saying. We were instructed to take "feel like" and "feel that" completely out of our vocab. Yeah. Kind of unrealistic, but I'm getting better! So basically I feel overwhelmed by having to do that. Or somethin'.

So guess what I got a few weeks ago at MARR from my supervisor. A feeling words cube!! You can fold the sides to get different feeling words!!! I love it. It's on my desk.

2. It has been said that I am totally obsessed with my cat. That in a room I am always looking at her or petting her or talking to her or something. I don't think it's overkill, but what can I do. Sox is sooooo cute!! And remember, she's not too spoiled. I've shocked her with a shock mat. Oh yeah, I guess that's pretty weird.

3. I think I have really weird but catch-y sayings. I'm not sure where they come from, and I don't mind when others use them when they want to. I think some of the latest is "doom 2008" & "things that are awesome...that".

4. It's probably weird that I still wear my mood ring that I got in California. It does the coolest things though. I notice it quite often throughout the day. Mood ring usually says "mixed emotions."

5. I like to talk to strangers sometimes, especially if I'm by myself. I just like finding something in common and strike up a conversation. It's fun how easy it can be. I reign it in though sometimes and when I'm tired I don't always do it. People do it back to me though, so I guess somehow there's something that seems approachable. I'm not sure why. That's not always a good thing though because sometimes I'm like "whoa ooooo-ver share people!"

6. I have little fashion or designer sense with no desire to learn about it. I am dressed and my house is designed completely with the help of others. If I had my choice I would always wear t-shirts, jeans, white socks, and my house would have bare walls and lots of free furniture.

If I missed something feel free to comment!!

No comments: