Thursday, February 28, 2008

Fab kitchen courtesy of fab visitors!!

My bro and sister-in-law came to visit the weekend of Feb 16, and it was soooo awesome to have them here! They braved not only a very flat air mattress and my cat's nighttime escapades, but painting my kitchen!! Instead of honey-mustard yellow, it is now a nice sand-colored Gobi Desert with pretty red accents. I finally have been able to hang the curtains that my sister-in-law Shannon made for me. Matt also fixed a ton of stuff around the house and installed a new showerhead in my bathroom. That took him all of two seconds. It would have taken me at least two days to do it probably. I definitely just need a Matt around sometimes!!

We also got to eat some yummy burgers, tots, and Raspberry Wheat Beer at the Vortex, Shannon got to do some shopping at Ten Thousand Villages which is one of my fave stores too, and it wouldn't be a weekend without seeing Rochelle, Steve and Julie.

I am so blessed to have family like this in my life!! Everytime I am in my kitchen I will think of them.

Of course, Matt's constant commentary on everything is pretty funny too. He was not impressed by my kitchen floor, and told me many times I had to get it replaced. Finally he stopped when I asked him to finance it. He also could not believe that we have a cable package without the Do It Yourself network and the NFL network. He was impressed by my car still running with 192,000 miles, and I think he also liked my friends a lot!

Here were some of his funny sayings though from the weekend:
"Oh my God....are we driving to heaven???" (as said about the highest point of spaghetti junction on I-85 South)
"Jess, the 80's called, they want their mood ring back!" (when asked about my ring)

No comments: