Tuesday, November 01, 2005

No way

Well I did something that I never thought I would do again- buy a membership to a gym. And I literally did it because everyone is doing it.

I have a good friend Magdalena who had a free one week pass to LA Fitness which is a gym here in Atlanta that is taking over the city. So we went and used the fun allyptical machines and the pool and the hot tub...it was awesome. They had a sweet two for one deal and so we took it, even though we were prepared to use her MBA skills to wheel and deal if needed.

So I've been a full-fledged member for about 5 days and I've already used it a bunch. I think we're going to try out the free racquetball too that was included; I've never played. I found out that I think almost every one of my friends have either joined or seriously thought about it, so it should be pretty easy to keep up the motivation to go. Not to mention the $34.99 a month.

It is interesting though when you're on the cardio machines and you look around and watch everyone doing the same things. Sometimes I wish we could go back to the days where physical labor was a part of work, or to move to a city where everyone walks. That would be much cheaper. But for now I will stick to doing my stationary 30 minutes of cardio and soaking in the hot tub and doing the occasionally weight training crunches.

If you're reading this and you're just dying to try out LA Fitness too, you can click here for the free one-week pass. As a new member I also received a nice waterbottle and a packet of free passes to the Toco Hills gym, if anyone wants to go there and needs some incentive.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to have a new workout buddy :) Even though we haven't actually worked out together yet, way to go in joining the masses Jess.
Jamie

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club, Jessica. If you ever have the urge to go the Sugarloaf gym, I'd love a workout buddy!

Anonymous said...

Jess, enjoy the gym. I hired a trainer for an hour at my gym and she has me doing all types of excersises on that @#$ ball. Yea the same one you use at work for bouncing fun. But I would highly recommend talking to a trainer and have them assess and give you a workout.

See ya at Christmas,
Andy

Anonymous said...

i am in shock. literal shock. people reading this should know that i am the reason you have negative feelings toward gym memberships, because i brought you along to the evil ballys. i take responsibility for that. at first i thought you weren't thinking clearly when you signed up for this new gym. but as i kept reading, i started to think you are moving on from the horrendous ballys experience in a healthy way. i'm happy that you are able to join a gym again. may this gym treat you and your money right, and may all of bally's victims move on without hate.

becky