
In honor of Matt, Shannon, me, Shannon's brother Jordan, and everyone else who has had the pleasure of working at a place like Perkins- here is today's Survival Tip:
How to Survive if Trapped in a Walk-in Freezer
1. Tap several times on the door to get someone's attention.
2. Check the door and lock area.
By law, all walk-in freezers must have an emergency release switch on the interior.
3. Locate a power switch.
Some units may have an accessible on/off switch. Turn off the cooling element.
4. Locate boxes.
Tear carboard boxes apart and spread them on the floor.
5. Look for insulating materials.
Lie down on the cardboard and cover yourself with paper, foam, or straw to preserve body heat.
6. Tap on door every 15 minutes until help arrives.
4 comments:
If only i had gotten these helpful tips YESTERDAY....
The walk in cooler at my work has an alarm on it that can probably be heard for a hundred miles around. Who knew OSHA regulations were good for something?
girlll...i used to work at a resturant and i ALWAYS feared getting stuck in the walk in...thankfully no horror stories. but one time i did get trapped in a bathroom in gas station on my way to birmingham! come check out my blog...thanks for all the methods and models help!
Yeah I have been stuck innthe freezer at my work. I went to get some of the orange juice which we keep on the top shelf. I had to mve some boxes and climb up the shelf to get the container. When I hopped down and went to the door I couldn't get it to open more than a foot. I had to use the first survival tip and yell for help. Later to find out that one of the cooks had put the shelf on wheels in front of the door not knowing anyone was in the freezer.
Post a Comment