Friday, November 25, 2005

The best holiday of the year


I am about to have my fourth straight meal of turkey and carbs. It's heavenly. Thanksgiving by far is my most favorite holiday. Besides the cooking frenzy, it's fairly stress free. You don't have to worry about what to get somebody, if they're going to like it, or if it's a good deal. You don't have to decorate much (or at all) and it usually involves family, fun, fellowship, food and football- the 5 F's of a guaranteed good time!!

This year I was able to spend Thanksgiving in Kennesaw with my cousin's families, my cousin Andy from Nebraska, and Rochelle's mother-in-law at Rochelle and Stephen's house. We had no less then one dish per person on the table. It was packed. We had probably the best food ever. I believe I am now partial to fried turkey. You can see Stephen and Jeremy wrangling it out of the frier which took 3 1/2 gallons of peanut oil. But wow was it worth it. Stephen is the grill-masta!!

As always I have a ton to be thankful for. I won't overwhelm this blog with all of those things. But I am certainly most of all grateful for my relationship with God, and how each and every day is a blessing from Him.

Good luck to all who are out braving the crowds this morning!!

No comments: