Monday, November 21, 2005

Graceland

For the past three and a half years I have had the huge privilege of living with four great gals in our rented mansion on Briarlake Road that we have called "Graceland". We have had numerous Christmas, birthday, and average-day parties there not to mention TV, movie, sports and other entertainment-related events. It's been the place for great conversations, lots of fun, and even one wedding proposal. Seemingly soon though we may be leaving Graceland for different (and hopefully greener) pastures.

Every fall my roommates and I discuss what to do with our living situation for the next year, as our lease runs out each spring. In the spring of 2006 we will have lived there for 4 years, which is an unprecidented amount of time for post-college roommates to live together. But we have experienced our share of problems with the house, and because it's so large, our utilities are also pretty darn expensive.

And now entering into this equation, I have gotten new info from two friends about some townhouses in the Spring Harbor subdivision in Atlanta. It's off of Pleasantdale Rd in a nice neighborhood, so it would be close to where I currently live, work, and go to church. The townhouses are a good size and are really affordable. My friends who live there now have taken me through their houses and I've gotten to look at two others for sale. I've been really excited by what I've seen so far.

It's hard though to see a potential end to the Graceland area. But there's still a lot of details to work out and I know I need to take things one step at a time. Hopefully whatever happens though the Graceland gals can still get together often- at least for Grey's Anatomy on Sunday nights.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, Grey's Anatomy is the bomb.

i can't really believe you still all live there! will you buy a townhouse? who will move in there with you? won't you miss the velvet wall paper?
Becky

jessrings said...

I know! I love that show. Yes, the wallpaper will be sorely missed. It's just so soft to the touch. I'm not sure yet of all of the details. But I am hoping to get a townhouse, yes, which will be awesome in the way that i won't have to really take care of the outside at all, and they're much cheaper!!