Today is the third anniversary of when my mom passed away. I don't have much to say other than that. I am going to my friends' Gates and Melissa's house tonight for dinner, which I am excited about. They invited me over. I have gotten a nice card and email as well. It's one of those weird things that sort of just sneaks up on me, and it's hard for anyone to know what to do or how to help. Tonight I may try to find a picture of her, but I don't know if I have any available on my computer. I think the only ones I do have are in frames in my room.
I have been thinking about this verse a lot today, which I was referred to me from Allie's blog: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." ~John 14:27.
Also, the prayer found on page 11 in the Valley of Vision book was great too as I read on that this morning. It's a fantastic book from prayers the Puritans prayed many years ago.
3 comments:
Jessie: Was glad to see you reflect on your Mom and especially the bible verse you chose. Peace she did leave with us in her memory and her smile. We visited her gravesite and just reminisced. Its hard to believe it has been 3 years without her. I continue to pray that God will give you comfort during these anniversaries! Love you, Aunt Deb
Jess,
It is amazing how 3 years have gone by. Just think all the things she has experienced sitting next to God in heaven. If only all of us will be as lucky as her some day. At least thinking this way gives me peace of mind because I really miss her. Love Andy
hey jess :o)
i am so glad you were able to come over and spend the evening with us. i count it a privilege to have known your mom, and i know that she is still alive, praising our Father in heaven. honestly, i'm jealous--i can't wait to be where she is. your mom has left an incredible legacy in you. i'm glad i was able to share monday with you. :o) melissa
Post a Comment