Ethiopia is believed to be the birthplace of one of my most favoritest things: coffee!!
Thursday, August 04, 2005
Rock, paper, scissors....fire??
Last weekend a friend of mine told me that you can also use "fire" to conquer opponents when playing rock, paper, scissors. But get this..you can only use it ONCE IN YOUR WHOLE LIFE. Pretty big deal. Has anyone used theirs??? And for what reasons?? I think it would be hard to decide when to use it. I mean, normally that game is played to make very mundane decisions that you can't come to a consenus on otherwise. Maybe if you were haggling with someone, like a used car dealer for a price, and you used your fire to trump his price and get a free car?? Yeah, that would be a valid reason. Any others?
6 comments:
See, where did you hear that from? I would like to know your sources so I can check mine. I've heard of the fire before, but that you can only use it once in like a tournament or something. For instance, if you are playing best 3 out of 5 you can use it only one time in the game. I've been wrong about so many things before though.
If what you say is true about it being a once a lifetime thing, then what would happen if you picked a really important time to use your fire (like when naming your offspring or something) and the person you were dueling with used their fire? It would be a tie, so would that count as the only time you can ever use your fire??? Or would it be recycled because someone else used theirs and you couldn't trump them?
Your original question was about important times to use your fire. Here are possible things I would use mine for: negotiating my salary, naming my baby (as I mentioned in my previous comment), or deciding who should get up with the children in the middle of the night (I would use that because I would probably be sleepy during that game). Those are the only really big things I can think of now. Others will come to me I'm sure, but I won't bore anyone with them.
I'm still kind of thinking about this. So, is it like an honor system? I just want to not that I am an honest person. However, if you aren't playing with the same people how will anyone know if you have ever used your fire? Will back luck come upon you or something if you use it twice?
Oh, one more thing. It is 9:13 in the p.m. right now as I am typing. The times posted on my comments are wrong. Is that error on purpose?
Ok, I just sent this question in to my friend who started this..
"What happens if you're playing rock, paper, scissors, and both people decide to use their fire? Is it like backdraft or something? Everyone dies?"
I'll keep you posted. Oh, and yes, for some reason the times are hardly ever accurrate on any of the postings on the blogger site, unless you can figure out how to change them.
You will probably have bad luck for the duration of your existence here on earth if you use it more than once. I'm not positive though.
Post a Comment