I am sitting here next to Alicia, who is one of my intern missionaries, hanging out and doing some emailing. I'll put down some highlights here of my time in Sweden so far:
-going to IKEA and eating Swedish meatballs w/lingonberry sauce and other sauces. It was reallly good. I LOVE sauce on things as many of you know!! We also got to have beer, which was kind of funny, because it was like a cafeteria style meal, but beer was one of the beverage options that came with the meal...sweet.
-rondells...aka roundabouts. Who needs stoplights when you have those??
-the missionaries here. I've felt very welcomed and loved.
-having pizza with tuna fish, pineapple, and a few other things. It was pretty good.
-riding a bike everywhere. And mine is really nice. I'm basically having to relearn how to ride because I haven't done it since I was like 10. Yes, I'm wearing a helmet.
-having FIKA, which is like tea time.
-everything here is soo pretty. There are tons of lakes, trees, flowers, plants, you name it. It also looks exactly like northern Minnesota. So much so that a few times I forgot where I was. Until I see a weird Swedish word like Stoeryd and I'm like..whoa what is that??
That's just some of the things so far. I'll be here until Monday, so I'm sure there will be more adventures!!
No comments:
Post a Comment