Saturday, July 16, 2005

Last Sweden update

Hey everyone! I think this may be my last time to use
the email, so I thought I would make the best of it!!

Today I got to take two of the interns, Alicia and
Susannah, to Linksöping which is south of Tranås,
which is where the MTW team is. We got to ride a train
there and check out the city, which may be a future
place for an MTW church plant. We got to sample some
awesome chocolate (don't worry, I'm bringing some
back) and walk around the old part of the city which
was built in the 1800's. So that was cool.

Yesterday was probably one of my best days here so
far. I got to each lunch with David and Stacy Bergmark
and their three year old daughter Miriam. The
Bergmark's have lived in Sweden as missionaries for
about 5 years. David is Swedish himself. So they
offered great perspective on the team dynamic here and
also just the Swedish culture in general. It was
great. It was at their house that I found out that
Sweden has Heinz Ketchup just like we do. Also,
yesterday, I was able to have the truly Swedish
experience of biking a long distance while it was
raining. Like I was saying before everyone bikes here
(my thighs are getting quite rock solid) and somehow
yesterday I managed to misplace my rain jacket, just
as it started to rain and we all needed to bike home.
We were leaving from visiting a youth group that's a
conglomeration of youth from several churches in the
Tranäs area. I'll have to tell you more about that
when I get back. It was fun yet very interesting. And
it is indeed sort of strange to leave from a place
like that, late at night, and bike real hard to get
home, in the rain, and then go straight to bed. I was
like on an exercise high, and then wet and sweaty
laying in my bed, with the sun finally going down at
like 11:00pm. That was sort of a gross mental picture
I'm sure, but I wanted you to get the full effect.

Anyway, tomorrow I will get to experience the church
service here, and Monday I am going to Stockholm and
then Monday night headed out to Scotland for a day.
Thanks again for all your prayers. I can definitely
tell that the Lord is using this trip in a mighty way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica! ahhh, you put my name on your blog...i'm famous. woo hoo! having you in sweden was awesome and i can't wait for debreifing! BICYCLE BYCYCLE.......

Anonymous said...

We loved having you here, Jessica! I can't wait to see you!