I have LOVED not having to go to class this week- just two days at MARR have been my only responsibilities. Sunday night instead of studying I watched a movie with Nathan and Jamie and was thoroughly happy the whole time, even though we only gave the movie a 6 out of 10 (Sliding Doors is what we saw- what was the point of doing the movie that way?). It was just so nice not to do something serious. I told Rochelle the feeling must be the same for her when she gets to have a babysitter and spend time with her husband away from the kids. Everything seems more fun when you don't have a lot of it.
Yesterday I had the whole day and night free. Jamie and I went to see a movie in the middle of the day all the way out in Snellville. I had to be somewhere by 3:00 so that was the only theatre within a 25 mile radius that had the movie we wanted to see showing early enough. We saw "Lars and the Real Girl" which was so, so great. I would see it again in a heartbeat. I don't think it would be everyone's cup of tea (I tried to convince some people at MARR so go see it and they were skeptical) but we both thought it was awesome and very unique. Then I cleaned the whole house including dusting the fan blades in my room. It looked quite spectacular. My dad is coming to visit for Thanksgiving (he should be here by 10:00pm tonight) so I used it as an excuse to really do some hard core cleaning.
Today I was at my internship and I had the whole day to make family contacts and got a ton done which felt great. Because we didn't have a whole lot of staff and it's the day before Thanksgiving we treated the patients and staff for pizza and the patients got to watch this video of a one-man play about addiction. I thought it sounded weird but they really liked it apparently. I think they were just glad to not have to sit in group. During the lunch I told the patients that I was making stuffing for my thanksgiving for the first time and had found a recipe for stuffing on the internet that called for oysters. I thought it was strange but yet sounded good for some reason. One guy had had it before and granted me the reassurance I needed that it would taste good. Now in general these people are used to being master liars and manipulaters but I don't care I'll take all the encouragement I could get.
So tomorrow my dad, my friend Angie, and I head over to Rochelle's for Thanksgiving. My aunt and uncle Julie and Steve will be there too. Last time I went over to Rochelle's all 3 kids greeted me at the door with "Hi Aunt Jessie!!". Can't beat that.
I'll miss you Matt and Shannon and those celebrating in Minn!!
6 comments:
My Dad can't make it through a Thanksgiving without oyster dressing. Me? I won't touch it with a ten foot pole. But Dad was raised on it. Enjoy!
i'm pretty stoked that I am considered a "blog to read ASAP" ... mmm ... kinda crazy ... i miss you tons by the way ... i need to head to ATL sometime ... my new job has a branch in atlanta ... maybe i'll have to go out there sometime
What?? I love Sliding Doors. It definitely gets an 8/9!!
So did you make the stuffing? I never asked about it, how was it?
jess, thanks for letting me come with for turkey day!!! turkey highlights=oyster stuffing, ufos, trans am under bridge, silly jokes, rummikub, and tons i've forgotten. if i had a blog, i'd write about it! thanks, thanks for having me along!!!
jess, thanks for letting me come with for turkey day!!! turkey highlights=oyster stuffing, ufos, trans am under bridge, silly jokes, rummikub, and tons i've forgotten. if i had a blog, i'd write about it! thanks, thanks for having me along!!!
Post a Comment