Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Please bear with me


Hello you faithful view who still try to read my blog! I know I haven't written anything in a while. I would like to ask prayer for myself this month. I have a lot going on, mostly with school assignments that all seem to be due this month. I'm also getting my community presentation out of the way (graduation requirement) by speaking at my church's youth group on Sunday about boundaries. I've never spoken to youth before, although working in addictions is kind of like working with youth sometimes. So yes, I could use prayer. And any scripture you'd like to email me that has to do with ohhh like strength and patience and peace and stuff would be welcomed with open arms!!

Here are a couple of highlights though from the past few weeks that I would have loved to write whole blogs about:
-having a birthday dinner at Brio (picture above) which included the best salmon I've ever had!!
-visiting with my aunt Sherrie who was here last Tues/Wed for business. She's the second family member from the Rausch side to see my house, and I was really excited!! We got to hang out and have dinner at Brickstore Pub which is always a great place to unwind and ice cream at Jake's. Basically, she pretty much got the bomb Atlanta experience between me and Brickstore.
-I got a really fantastic surprise for my birthday about a week ago which was from my sister-in-law Shannon. She is a scrapbooker, and she created for me a whole mini-scrapbook of pictures from each of my birthdays from childhood. What a treasure!!! I didn't even try to hold back the tears when I opened it and realized what it was.
-I've got 10 more homeless packs ready to hand out!! This time I included a pack of oatmeal. I don't know if that's practical, but I thought, why not. Healthy, and different.
-I attended a Christian leadership Conference called Catalyst, which was phenomenal. I wished it would have fallen on a different week (I had to miss two classes, my internship, and supervision, but it gave me class credit I needed). But I got the CD's and will review them in Dec when my semester is over!!
-I've been able to sit in on two couples therapy sessions at my internship, which I really loved, and participate in Operation Mobilization's missionary assessment by doing four psych interviews. I loved that too and both experiences have allowed me to grow tremendously as a counselor.
-I got a flat tire today, but the good thing is that it happened at my internship, so since I work with mostly men, it was no problem finding someone to help me! And I made it to a mechanic near my school who took the nail out and fixed it in a jiffy so I only missed half class.

Well, that's it. I've got to work on my boundaries talk. Later!

3 comments:

sringsmuth said...

Holy cow, Jess. This is one heck of a blog post! I will pray for you, and you know, I'm sure you will do great. People love you, dude. :)

Shannon made you a scrapbook? That's so awesome. She's the best at those things!

I'm pretty sure anyone who comes to visit you automatically gets a The Bomb Atlanta experience. :)

Rochelle said...

You are in my prayers, Jess. Sorry it is a week late! I can't wait to see the scrapbook Shannon made you. Given my current horomonal state I might cry up a storm as well. Hopefull we will get to see you soon.

Isn't Simon the best cousin ever!

Anonymous said...

Jess,

Hope all is well with everything going on. You amaze me with everyhting you have taken on and yet manage to make it all happen.

Hope things get easier and we will keep you in oru prayers.

Andy