Other people who don't live in Georgia may not know this, but in our state we're under major drought. Supposedly we will run out of water in 90 days. I don't know how this could possibly be true, but maybe it is, because our governor has been on the news blaming the Chattahoochie River and the state of Alabama for stealing our water. Now I don't know about you but I've been to the river and Alabama, and I don't want to be drinking any water out of either....
Anyway, I called a recruit last night who lives in Chicago and the first thing she said was "so do you guys have like water?" It was hilarious. I told her I just cleaned the house and ran the dishwasher so it was looking good at least for that night.
It is kind of weird though. In Kenya people just used this group spicket near their huts and that's all the water they had. At our house in Kenya we ran out of water sometimes but then just took less showers.
Can you run out of water in America? I'm sure. But it's funny how disconnected I feel, especially since I don't have plants to water and I already don't shower every day. And gosh darn it, I'm still good looking! So we'll see what happens. we need to just keep praying for rain!
No comments:
Post a Comment