Saturday, June 16, 2007

Loganville, GA

Loganville, as I found out last night, is approximately 45 minutes from Doraville, where I live. It's a straight shot on 78 East, past the big stone mountain, the car dealerships, South Gwinnett High School, a few new strip malls, and some fields. Both cities are, of course, considered to be "Atlanta".

I ventured deep into Gwinnett County after my Theodicy class because Gates and Melissa now live there and they invited me out to see the new pad. Melissa's sister Amy actually owns the house. She closed on it yesterday morning. I of course asked her if she was worried, now that the paperwork was signed, if a tornado would come or something would explode. Those were some major concerns of mine when I closed on my townhouse. But no, she was calm as a cucumber, obviously demonstrating much better psychological resistance.

It will be a bit of a change since we used to only live 15 minutes apart. But I remember thinking that was really far from our across-the-hall walk we used to do in the Morton-Lemley dorm at Berry. We survived.

Maybe it's preparing us for whatever's next. Actually, I'm the one always bringing up going overseas, for pete's sake. It's good to know that that we have a friendship that lasts the distance.

Especially if the free pizza, brownies, and cherry coke zero continues. Mmmm..that's a good Friday night meal.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Depending on where you were in Loganville, you were just minutes from my house! We live in Grayson. Glad you enjoyed your trip :).

sringsmuth said...

Those are the best kind of friendships, Jess. And worth holding on to. :)

Anonymous said...

hey jess :o) i'm so glad you could come help us out that first night! now you'll have to come back as we get everything settled--we've painted and everything, and are moving in tomorrow night! :o)