This is probably the nicest rejection letter I've ever gotten....
Hi Jessica:
It was so good to visit with you a couple of weeks ago. Thank you for taking the time to apply and to come in to interview with me. Thank you also for talking with me on the phone earlier today.
Dr. Goble and I have looked over our candidates for internship for next year and weighed all the pros and cons of each. We have extended the offer to another candidate and she has accepted. I want to thank you for considering us. We work very hard to ensure that our site is closely matched to the candidate and visa versa. Just like last year, everyone we interviewed would have been incredible. We had to pick one of the best from a very qualified and competent field of applicants.
I was especially impressed with you. You were in the final two and the decision was very hard for me. I know rejection may be frustrating, but I hope you recognize any closed door as part of God's bigger plan.
I wish you well as you pursue your internship, conclude your degree, and pursue your career. May God always guide you and keep your trust in Him.
Take care,
Gregory K. Moffatt, Ph.D.
Atlanta Christian College
2 comments:
Jess, thanks for sharing your letter with us. It was encouraging to see God's plan at work. You're right, it was a very nice rejection.
No kidding! If you're gonna get rejected, this is the way to do it. :)
Post a Comment