This process is taking a lot longer then I thought.
I started at the beginning of this month. Getting the contact information together for placement sites, setting out time to call, calling them and leaving messages, repeat.
I have had two interviews so far. One was great (see blog from Feb 14) and the other...let's just say it wasn't a good fit. I don't think the first one is going to let me know if I got it (I'm one of four interns vying for a spot) until next week. The second one apparently wasn't a good fit for anyone because I got a call back saying that they didn't think it was going to work. Honestly, I was relieved.
Now I've set my sites on two more places- Skyland Trail and International Counseling & Consulting. The first one is a private, residential facility for people needing care for mental illness. All of the feedback I've heard about it is that it offers great opportunities to practice your clinical skills and you'll need to use that huge DSM-IV that's collecting dust and taking up space on the shelf. The International one is a private practice that works with missionaries serving with Operation Mobilization. Hello, talk about a dream internship!! So I've emailed my resume to both places.
I'm trying to hold all of this with an open hand, realizing that I want to find a place that's a good fit for all but at some point realistically I just need to find a place.
Because in May, I'll start seeing clients!!
1 comment:
hey! I might be going to the Middle East with OM this summer...
Post a Comment