Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The interview

Today is Valentine's Day, or depending on your situation, National Singleness Awareness Day. Clearly for now I'm celebrating the latter.

I started off my day waking up at the crack of dawn which would afford me a full 95 minutes to get to my interview in East Point on time. Right before I left I saw a card with my name on it fastened to our wipey board. Curious. So I grabbed that on my way and it was a neat note from Jamie celebrating today. Aww..so nice. I kept it with me for moral support.

I really didn't have to be nervous about the interview because I was armed with the mad skillz I developed from my brother who spent time with me this week nailing me with every possible question Target's ever threw at him. I passed with flying colors he said. Plus I had God, and the card.

In true Atlanta fashion, on the day I actually allow myself plenty of time to get somewhere I needed none of it and arrived a full hour early. I've never been to East Point before so it was nice getting a tour of the place. I found out later it was the home of Greenbriar Mall, which was the first mall in Georgia and at one time held the first CFA in all of Georgia. Nathan, I'm sure you'd appreciate that fun fact.

I sat in the car and read for a while and then went inside. I was at Atlanta Christian College, which is my top internship site choice. I arrived before my professor, which actually was pretty cool because I had time to read all of the comics he had tapes to his door.

The interview did go very well. I'm up against three other applicants from my school who are interested in this internship, one of whom went to this college as an undergraduate student. I'm supposed to find out by email in the second week of March if I got it. In the meantime I'm thinking of applying at a mental hospital and a women's prison. Yeah....I'm hoping the college student thing will pan out =). But seriously, I'm excited about the other places too.

Off the subject, here's a quote I read today that I really liked: "Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has chosen gladly to give you the kingdom." ~Dallas Willard, a paraphrase of Luke 12:32.

3 comments:

Nathan Smith said...

Thanks for the fun fact, I do appreciate the plug! And on another note, I've never actually been to that one. I've made several visits to the original Dwarf House in Hapeville, but not to the first actual Chick-fil-A!

jessrings said...

yeah, I got the feeling it's no longer there. The Greenbriar Mall looks pretty defunked. Too bad.

The Kirkwood Family said...

Good to hear the interview went well! Keep us posted!