

It only takes fifteen hours to drive from Lincoln, Nebraska to Atlanta and about 1000 miles, so my dad found out in his drive down to see me last Friday.
He left at about 4:30 am and got to my house at about 10:00pm, after a little detour through spagetti junction, which apparently confuses not only Atlanta motorists but also GPS systems.
The main purpose of his visit was to drop off my birthday present- these adorondak chairs and table shown in the pictures. He handmakes chairs like this and lawn gliders in his spare time. Model numbers 153 and 154 are mine! They look awesome on my deck and match my house really well.
Although his trip was sort of a whirlwind tour (he only was able to stay about 10 hours) it was so worth it getting to visit with him and getting the chairs of course. I'll see him again in two weeks for my brother's wedding.
Today the weather again was beautiful in Atlanta so I was out there sitting on them for three hours while I studied. Side note- while I was studying a group of boys marched straight up to the lake which is just feet from my deck, counted to three, and whipped two Sunday papers still in the bags into the water. They didn't see me until I accidently knocked my cell phone off the table right after the papers splashed on the surface. Then they all looked up at me with REALLY guilty looks on their faces. I said nothing and they got the heck out of there. Weird. They're still floating out there with a forgotten soccer ball.
Anyhow, what an awesome present, huh?
2 comments:
sweet chairs...you think your dad would make another trip down and hand deliver me some?? it would be a little less of a drive!
happy birthday by the way. i hope it was AMAZING!
miss you big!
Jennifer
heyyyyyy thanks for that e-mail address! I sent her an e-mail right away; hopefully I'll hear back sometime this week. I miss you and I'm praying for you and I'm really sad that I'm not going to be able to go to any Kenya reunions!
-Matthew
Post a Comment