Saturday, September 23, 2006

An awesome week




After a couple of hard weeks at work with change and transition seemingly everytime I peek out of my cubicile, this week afforded some awesome, awesome times.

It began last weekend with my dad coming to visit as you read in the previous blog. I also took a class that weekend called "intro to coaching" which will be my emphasis in graduate school. I'm going to write another blog dedicated just to that because it made such an impression on me.

Basically my birthday lasted a week as well. The highlight was Monday night when I had a bunch of people over to make homeless packs.

About six weeks before I left for Kenya I moved into my townhouse and began to commute to work via I-85 and Pleasantdale Rd. This interchange frequently has panhandlers out there asking for money or whatever you can give them. It got me wondering if there was anything I could do for these people while still keeping my own safety in mind. My friend Christy suggested making homeless packs which consists of large ziploc bags full of things that a homeless person may need.

On Monday then everyone brought something to add to the pack. As you can see from the pictures we had quite a lot! It was so neat. Now I've put about four in my car and will be looking for opportunties to hand them out. So stay tuned because I'm sure there will be a blog or two about those interactions.

Last Thursday night Jamie took me out to dinner at Seasons 52 which is a new restaurant in Atlanta that changes its menu based on the season and everything is under 440 calories. It was the most flavorful, delicious food I've had in a long time! They have a huge wine list and they have desserts in shot glasses! It was really fun and definitely something I have not done before so of course I loved it.

I also got a ton of txt messages, phone calls (Andy, your family's message was soo sooo funny. I saved it so you can hear it), emails, e-cards, and normal cards. So yeah, I felt like the most loved 27 year old in the world!

No comments: